Preparation for Confirmation begins after the young person has completed religious education through Grade Six.
It is a two-year process that includes:
- Weekly classes (usually September through May)
- On-site classes (we are required to meet here at the parish so there is no “home school” exception)
- Seventh and eighth grade level instruction with special Confirmation materials provided by the parish.
- Weekly Mass attendance
- Mass reflections on the weekend Scripture readings and prayers
- Service given to the community
- Confirmation Retreat, usually in the fall of 9th grade
- Celebration of Confirmation, usually on a Thursday in October of 9th grade